Monday 21 November 2016

Is Intelligence an Algorithm? Part 4 Problem Solving

Dendritic structures on a Petri dish show an uncanny similarity to neuronal dendritic structures.

We have now arrived at the most important part of this series on Intelligence as an algorithm: Problem solving. Thus far I have exposed my hypothesis that intelligence functions as a kind of algorithm in part I of this series. Part 2 related to cognition, (pattern) recognition and understanding. Part 3 explored the process of reasoning, which is necessary to come to identifications and conclusions and is also a tool in the problem-solving toolkit. In this part I will discuss how we identify and formulate a problem, how we plan a so-called heuristic to solve it, how we carry out the solution and check if it fulfils our requirements.

Read more of this chapter in my book: 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intelligence-Algorithm-Antonin-Tuynman/dp/1785356704

No comments:

Post a Comment